News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Take it easy guys.

Previous topic - Next topic

Summerlander

I don't think Xanth would ban someone just for disagreeing with him. Also, Kurty just posted above to vilify Xanth. Now he's not posting. that sounds like a coward to me.

Stookie

We've had problems with people getting banned and/or permanently leaving after too many debates with Xanth that dead end. Good, experienced, long-time members. Remember Alan RK?

Summerlander

That doesn't matter. Those people who left were not told to leave by Xanth. They made their own decisions and Xanth is not responsible. It's unfair to hold him accountable for that and it is disgusting that you are backing someone who has just slandered him here and left with his tail between his legs. What happened before is past and irrelevant. As the story goes, Jesus Christ was spat on, stoned, beat and crucified by a crowd and yet he is regarded as a saviour...you get my analogy?

Summerlander

There are always two sides of a story. I wonder what that Nay said. Besides, that's past and as I said...irrelevant. I haven't seen anything wrong with Xanth lately. It seems you two are looking to lynch him. what's this? A campaign to get rid of him? How sad. How comes me and others don't have a problem with him. And to register with the sole reason to support an apparent hate on Xanth "team Stookie" is pretty dull. Why don't you focus on talking about OOBEs and engaging in other subjects alike?

Team Stookie...pffft

Bedeekin

Can I be team Bedeekin? Sorry... but I take my own side.  :-D

Summerlander

Pauli2 has a lot to learn and is extremely biased by what he's read. By the way, don't look back in anger but around in awareness.

Stookie

Quote from: Summerlander on April 28, 2011, 14:40:03
That doesn't matter. Those people who left were not told to leave by Xanth. They made their own decisions and Xanth is not responsible. It's unfair to hold him accountable for that and it is disgusting that you are backing someone who has just slandered him here and left with his tail between his legs. What happened before is past and irrelevant. As the story goes, Jesus Christ was spat on, stoned, beat and crucified by a crowd and yet he is regarded as a saviour...you get my analogy?

I'm not backing him, I understand him due to past problems we've had. People are afraid to debate a mod because they don't want to get banned, like AlanRK and like Nay. Alan probably should have left it alone, but he really felt there was an injustice being done. I agreed with him but HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE THIS FORUM and wasn't around. If I was, Alan would still be here. Calling Alan a coward is like calling a college professor a coward for not wasting his time debating 3rd graders. He was one of the few to really speak his mind and then... BANNED!

Summerlander

Sounds like this AlanR was really brave if he was willing to "die" for what he believed in...or he was a martyr fool! However you want to look at it. :-D

Look, just leave Xanth alone and stay out of his way. You don't have to talk to him or even reply to his posts...even if his posts disagree with yours!! :roll:

Lexy

well..the very first time I came here I remember being so-called bashed and it didn't deter me but I think it actually helped me see things a different way.
I am not talking about personal attacks and calling people liars..there used to be a lot of personal attacks here and no one would stop it. I think its gotten much better.
Its no longer tolerated. There once was a person I really liked who posted a lot of mystic stuff...people called him a liar and worse..I defended him. But in the end
that person wasn't worth defending. Sometimes feeling sorry for someone doesn't help them at all. It just feeds their victim mentality. He was perma-banned and for good reason. Just like anyone else perma-banned..they deserved it...they brought it upon themselves.
"Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves."

Summerlander

Exactamundo, Lexy! Well done! 8-)

And may I add...whatever Xanth has done before is done. He can't undo it now and perhaps he has grown a lot better since.

Stookie

Quote from: Summerlander on April 28, 2011, 14:58:59
Sounds like this AlanR was really brave if he was willing to "die" for what he believed in...or he was a martyr fool! However you want to look at it. :-D

Look, just leave Xanth alone and stay out of his way. You don't have to talk to him or even reply to his posts...even if his posts disagree with yours!! :roll:

No he wasn't brave. I was sad to see him go. He had a lot of experience and a lot of advice and was one of the few members here at the time like that.

I think most of you know, I'm fairly humble on this forum. I don't argue, I love to debate where possible. I've got 7 years under my belt here with very very few problems until recently. And I'm sure there wouldn't be these types of issues with more mods, but for one reason or another it doesn't seem to happen. We definitely need a change in the administration/mods, and it's like we've been in this horrible limbo for too long now. I really want change ASAP. I think it would help. We wouldn't be here if change happened 6 months ago when it was first needed.

Pauli2

Quote from: Summerlander on April 28, 2011, 14:53:02
Pauli2 has a lot to learn and is extremely biased by what he's read.

That's absolutely 100 % correct.

Maybe u understand me more than I realize?
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

Xanth

Quote from: Summerlander on April 28, 2011, 14:28:05
I don't think Xanth would ban someone just for disagreeing with him. Also, Kurty just posted above to vilify Xanth. Now he's not posting. that sounds like a coward to me.
I wouldn't, and I haven't.  I'll talk numbers... I've handed out three temp bans and one permanent ban in my 10 months as a moderator here.
Three temp bans were to AlanRK (berating the astral pulse and it's members), Nay (for obvious abuses, minor and major) and AstralAddict (airing out off-forum issues here).  Nay received a permanent ban because she consistently refused to follow the rules... along with some more worse-issues, like attempting to blackmail me.  Yup, you heard it correct, blackmail.  I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that you won't find anyone who's been here for a while that would like to see Nay back.

Suffice to say, and I'll get this out here so Stookie can also have a say in it...
The Astral Pulse has *RULES*.  You agree to those rules when you create an account and you agree to them each time you post.

99.9% of the time, there are never any issues.  This place runs great.  I truly haven't seen any bashing, as PR suggests, since Nay was banned.  Actually, since Nay was banned, this place has been running quite smoothly.  However, from time to time, there are people who like to abuse the rules... those people need to have a consequence for their actions.  Is that not logical?  You break the rules... you face the consequence?

And summerlander... please don't compare me to Jesus again. >_<  Holy crap... LOL

Summerlander

Stookie, Stookie...

Arguments are inevitable. So are wars! No matter how many different arse-wipers are elected. I can be disappointed about many things but I just deal with my feelings in the end. I'm sure there are many others with a lot more to give. How many members you got here? Many! You even have Robert Bruce. It doesn't matter. If there is change, adapt to it. It is only a "horrible limbo" if you make it so in your mind.

Look, you do what you want and try to convince your Site Owner here to get rid of Xanth without a fair trial or whatever. You have the power so why don't you click on his name and press delete account? But I am just advising you to be a bit more lenient as a mod because Xanth seems to have also contributed massively like with the Kepple pdf and you may hack a lot of people off if you just get rid of him. And you wouldn't want that, would you?

As for AlanR, it's not like he died is it?

Quote from: Xanth on April 28, 2011, 15:21:47
I wouldn't, and I haven't.  I'll talk numbers... I've handed out three temp bans and one permanent ban in my 10 months as a moderator here.
Three temp bans were to AlanRK (berating the astral pulse and it's members), Nay (for obvious abuses, minor and major) and AstralAddict (airing out off-forum issues here).  Nay received a permanent ban because she consistently refused to follow the rules... along with some more worse-issues, like attempting to blackmail me.  Yup, you heard it correct, blackmail.  I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that you won't find anyone who's been here for a while that would like to see Nay back.

Suffice to say, and I'll get this out here so Stookie can also have a say in it...
The Astral Pulse has *RULES*.  You agree to those rules when you create an account and you agree to them each time you post.

99.9% of the time, there are never any issues.  This place runs great.  I truly haven't seen any bashing, as PR suggests, since Nay was banned.  Actually, since Nay was banned, this place has been running quite smoothly.  However, from time to time, there are people who like to abuse the rules... those people need to have a consequence for their actions.  Is that not logical?  You break the rules... you face the consequence?

And summerlander... please don't compare me to Jesus again. >_<  Holy crap... LOL

Like I said ^^...there's two sides to the same coin...

And I apologise for comparing you to Hesus! :-D

Xanth

Quote from: Stookie on April 28, 2011, 15:12:48
No he wasn't brave. I was sad to see him go. He had a lot of experience and a lot of advice and was one of the few members here at the time like that.

I think most of you know, I'm fairly humble on this forum. I don't argue, I love to debate where possible. I've got 7 years under my belt here with very very few problems until recently. And I'm sure there wouldn't be these types of issues with more mods, but for one reason or another it doesn't seem to happen. We definitely need a change in the administration/mods, and it's like we've been in this horrible limbo for too long now. I really want change ASAP. I think it would help. We wouldn't be here if change happened 6 months ago when it was first needed.
It was sad to see him go, more for me.

During his ban, he emailed me personally asking me to delete his account.  I told him that even if I could, I wouldn't, because I still wanted to see him posting.

Make no mistake, it was *HIS OWN CHOICE* not to return.  He couldn't stand the fact that people here didn't think like he did.

Small Edit:  Nay still would have ended up banned... you can ignore breaking the rules only so many times before enough is enough and something has to be done.

Summerlander

And look who's the "Stookie Team" coward now who removed his posts and made me look like I double posted! :-D

Pauli2

I support Xanth.

There needs to be someone taking care of the regular business, day-to-day, and that is Xanth for me so far.
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

Stookie

I deleted those and told him to get off my team. I can speak for myself.

QuoteLook, you do what you want and try to convince your Site Owner here to get rid of Xanth without a fair trial or whatever.

I didn't say that. At least not publicly. I did notice the jump in strange posts by new people the last time we did this though. There was even a new guy that said "Wow Xanth, your the best moderator I've ever seen!". It was bit too obvious.

I don't have a problem with you Summerlander. You obviously do know a lot about what your talking about in your posts. They're original. Want to be a mod?

Stookie

Really, I know this shouldn't be out here on the public forum, but I have no where else to go, no admin, no other mods, it's just me and Xanth. Never ever ever ever again would I mod a forum with only 1 other mod and no admin, because if you don't agree, then what happens? This.

NoY

Maybe everybody could count to 10 before posting again in this thread

it seems like a load of who har over nothing to me :|

:NoY:

Xanth

Quote from: Stookie on April 28, 2011, 15:46:51
Really, I know this shouldn't be out here on the public forum, but I have no where else to go, no admin, no other mods, it's just me and Xanth. Never ever ever ever again would I mod a forum with only 1 other mod and no admin, because if you don't agree, then what happens? This.
Well hell, we might as well just be open.

We've been trying to get Timandra and Stillwater into the mix as well.  They've accepted (assuming they *STILL* want the position LOL), we're just waiting on Adrian to do the promotions.
We've had another moderator choose to resign a little bit ago.  I'd love to see the ranks of the moderator forum swell a bit more.

Two people make it hard to pass any judgment.  >_<
Especially when the vote is split 1 - 1.  LoL

Xanth

Quote from: Stookie on April 28, 2011, 15:42:35
I didn't say that. At least not publicly. I did notice the jump in strange posts by new people the last time we did this though. There was even a new guy that said "Wow Xanth, your the best moderator I've ever seen!". It was bit too obvious.
I know you might not believe me, but I really had nothing to do with that.  :/

WASD

Quote from: Bedeekin on April 28, 2011, 14:52:01
Can I be team Bedeekin? Sorry... but I take my own side.  :-D
I wanna join your team :-D
First and only (classic) OBE so far: 12th August 2009
LDs: Once per week :)

Bedeekin

lol... Go team Bedeekin... me and thee then WASD.  :-D

I would vote for Summerlander. I've known him for a year or so now. He's as batty as they come but he's a hard worker when it comes to moderating.

Summerlander

Quote from: Stookie on April 28, 2011, 15:42:35
I deleted those and told him to get off my team. I can speak for myself.

I don't have a problem with you Summerlander. You obviously do know a lot about what your talking about in your posts. They're original. Want to be a mod?

Ok. Make me a mod and I'll keep the two of you in check. You have a good point there. I feel you.