Teaching fatigue.

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Flip

Quote from: Stookie_ on November 05, 2012, 12:13:17
There was a time when I was getting bored of reading the same newbie questions over and over, the same debates, the same opinions. And not just the AP, but the whole internet.

Im not so sure of my source on where i heard this from, it was probably from  a peice by socrates or the founding fathers of the U.S.
"We came here not to establish something new but to up-hold what has been true for all ages and eras,"

im pretty sure it is from a document surrounding something about the US consitution or a letter sent between those involved, anyway samething goes for what this topic has been touching up on

honestly every teacher throughout history has hit this milestone, and the only thing one can do is keep going, to keep up holding the basic principles that make one a true Teacher
(!)Spark it up

Szaxx

B, typo, corrected, now where's my glasses.  :roll:
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

AstralCody

Quote from: Xanth on November 05, 2012, 19:15:46
I do want to help guide people... but I also find that a vast majority of people here don't want guidance.  They want to get what they're looking for with as little work as possible to do it as fast as they can.  To those people I say good luck finding your needle, it's somewhere over there in that huge haystack the size of the cosmos.

I really want to help people too but I get a lot of "Well I saw this movie..." Or... "Well this guy told me that it's dangerous" I could quote so many things that I hear, and by that point I am just like... *facepalm* It was very hard for me NOT to talk about astral projection at first... even people in person. I just wanted to get a megaphone and yell hey!! There's so much more out there! etc... but now, I find myself ONLY talking about projection on here. Or anything related to the subject really... I have had so many people tell me well what do I do? I tell them intent is a must and they will just not want to even try right after I say that, and find the subject very boring after they learn it takes time and practice and dedication, and to me... it's really a life style change. Not a lot of people are willing to do that unfortunately.

indian

As far as I can see, this forum is not categorized properly. There should be only one forum under which Newbies can ask questions regarding their progress, rest of the forum should be divided into categories related to Metaphysics and serious discussions. :) Only then we will be able to talk to like minded people .. right now we get lost in so many forums..

M4RT1N

Quote from: indian on November 06, 2012, 01:54:46
right now we get lost in so many forums..

Exactly, why is there a topic for OBE's and astral projection ?

Bedeekin

Quote from: Xanth on November 05, 2012, 19:15:46
Oh... and I enjoy banning spammers.  ^_^

haha!! "This house... is clear"

AstralCody... If people aren't wanting to put the time, effort or intent in then that is their prerogative... and these are qualities that are down to the individual that we as guides/helpers can do nothing about unfortunately.

Among the usual things that are repeated again and again are... (I'm paraphrasing and standardising of course)

"I've been trying for 3 weeks now and NOTHING... what am I doing wrong?"

"I don't have time for that method... is there anything else you can suggest"

"What is the best method?"

"I felt a tingle in my little finger... what does this mean"

"can I be possessed?"

"I have been researching AP online for a year now and pretty much know all there is to know... now I'm ready to AP"

The last one I have encountered many times and it generally makes me smile and roll my eyes... not in a 'dumbass' way.. more in a 'here we go' way.

Quote from: M4RT1N on November 06, 2012, 02:54:24

I hadn't actually considered that. It must be confusing to a beginner. Really though it's the tip of the iceberg when it comes to labelling the nonphysical, there are so many 'terms' that mean the same thing... I personally get confused about the Focus 1,2,3,4 etc... something I should at least learn so that I can relate to the system and be able to get involved with those discussions. But naming everything is in our nature to be able to define and understand the world. It does however slow down understanding when it comes to the Nonphysical.

I'm read a brilliant book called 'The Way of Wyrd'... it is about a christian scribe who is sent on a mission into the depths of Anglo Saxon England to collect information about pagan life... so that the church have enough info to be able to swarm in and convert the heathens. There he meets a Sorcerer called "Wulf" who calls the nonphysical realm 'Middle-Earth'. The scribe (the everyman grounding character) asks Wulf (the mystic) many questions that confuse him on the understanding of his faith... I marked a page that had a fantastic paragraph that I probably saved for this moment...

"You are labelling pieces of the world with words, then confusing your word-hoard for the totality of life. You see life as though you were viewing a room by the light of a singe moving candle; then you make the error of assuming that the small areas you are seeing one at a time are separate and cannot be seen as one. Since the small areas of your life are thus seen as separate, you have to invent ways of connecting them. This is the fallacy of the ordinary person's point of view of life, for everything is already connected. Middle-Earth is one room, lit by a thousand candles'"

Xanth

Quote from: M4RT1N on November 06, 2012, 02:54:24
Because at one point they were believed to be separate experiences.   Hell, some people still think they are.   

I think the Pulse could seriously use a forum/subforum shakeup.

todd421757

Quote from: Xanth on November 06, 2012, 07:43:54
Because at one point they were believed to be separate experiences.   Hell, some people still think they are.   

I think the Pulse could seriously use a forum/subforum shakeup.

I am one of those people.

I don't think there needs to be a shakeup.

Bedeekin

:roll: :-D

There is no reason why a compromise of a differently structured forum can be met without an I agree.. I don't agree situation.

Amalgamating the differently perceived experiences into a whole can still take place, because those who believe they are separate experiences can still write it as so and won't change their belief, surely. It must be confusing for those not experienced because they receive contradictory information and we run into the 'I say this you say that' scenario.

Szaxx

Hi,
Lets continue onwards with NPR and cover em both. :wink:

Stookie_

To clarify a bit more what I was saying yesterday, the forum goes through waves when it comes to members and topics. What is normal for a couple months changes into something else, then comes back. Like drug topics. You get a never-ending amount for a couple months, then they disappear, then they come back, etc.

So many people have come by with guides and faqs, new forum ideas, "perfect" methods, diets, machines... everyone thinks they have something that will make everything better, but from my perspective, not much ever changes. In the end, the same ideas and topics come back around and around. New people show up with the same things discussed before, and you go through it again.

What I'm saying is, I think it will always be like this. I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from doing anything, I just think that's the nature of it. If you try to harness and control it, you're gonna get frustrated. If you expect to help every person who wants/needs it, you're going to get frustrated. Everyone is responsible for their own progress, and this is a great forum to discuss topics related to it. Though I'll never look at it as a classroom or teacher/student thing. I'm more like the fellow on the corner who can point you in the right direction.

I'm neither complaining nor tooting the AP horn. It's awesome to see new contributions to the forum and think Beedekin's SP treatise is definitely needed.

Bedeekin

Yeah... it is like that on forums. They are very cyclic.

The MBT forum is very strict and still seems to be fraught with disagreements and in-fighting. It's very difficult to post there without being EXACT about what one is saying... not free form at all. While it suits the MBT forum format (to only pertain to MBT) I would hate to see it happen on here.

The OBE4U forum is also rule-set... there is one tiny section for people who believe that OOBEs are more than just chemical brain interactions... and that is policed by evangelical admin trying to convert them to their way of thinking.

Damn... I should get a move on with it then.  :wink:

M4RT1N

Quote from: Bedeekin on November 06, 2012, 11:58:48

there is one tiny section for people who believe that OOBEs are more than just chemical brain interactions... and that is policed by evangelical admin trying to convert them to their way of thinking.

hmmm... interesting

Xanth

Quote from: M4RT1N on November 06, 2012, 13:43:34
hmmm... interesting
And the description Bedeekin mentions is why I won't participate on radugas forum anymore.  The company he keeps is questionable at best, and fraudulent at worst.

todd421757

Summerlander is a moderator over at Raduga's forum. I think that would explain the reasons for everything over there, lol.

Xanth

Quote from: todd421757 on November 06, 2012, 18:40:25
Summerlander is a moderator over at Raduga's forum. I think that would explain the reasons for everything over there, lol.
That about nails it too.

I've personally emailed Michael several times warning him of Summerlander... but the dude won't listen.  So I'm forced to believe that he enjoys the company he keeps... which really doesn't say much for him.  His techniques are fine, they work... they're not exactly anything new, but beyond that, I stay far away from him now.

Raduga is his own form of teaching fatigue.  LoL

Szaxx

Ha, Using a direct method? Rofl.

Bedeekin

I went on a few forums recently just to have a look at their content and was utterly flabbergasted at OOBE4U.

Both you and I get a special mention Xanth.  :-D

Lionheart

Quote from: Bedeekin on November 07, 2012, 03:59:45
I went on a few forums recently just to have a look at their content and was utterly flabbergasted at OOBE4U.
Both you and I get a special mention Xanth.  :-D
I just went on their site for the first time and I can see that they have links and articles from this site. But it looks like they bring them there to cut them down. Kind of a strange approach. To this day nobody has been proven 100% right or wrong, so why argue? It's important to keep an open mind and find your own truths, those are the only ones that will have an effect on your own personal reality.

Bedeekin

Really? oh dear. I just glanced at the board.

Summerlander claims that he was banned from most forums because he disagreed... He doesn't mention that during our last interaction on a chat room he ended it with pretty nasty comments including "I hope you die"

Also... he forgets that I have PMs from him on this forum... I'm not one to name and shame or slag people off... but we discussed Raduga once.

I mentioned simply that Raduga came across as very Russian - as in cold and intimidating.... for the benefit of any OBE4U spies... his reply was...

"Hmmm...this reminds me of something peculiar that happened when I decided to check out the blogs on obe4u recommended by Rudolph...

I was reading the comments on one particular experience and people seemed to be discarding the notion of 1st phase and 2nd phase.

When I introduced this perspective as a possibility, using terms that they could understand like Here-Now projection and metaphysical projection, in order to make people aware that there seems to be two distinct types...my post suddenly went missing!!!!

It was my second post there and all of a sudden I was left with only one post! And guess who was the only person online at the time...an Administrator...Michael Raduga!

Surely one can disagree with the 1st phase/2nd phase view but...why delete posts? Why can't people be allow to express their views/opinions? It couldn't have been nothing else but that. He must have deleted it. I stopped posting there because I felt that I could no longer express myself or had to watch what I said.

If that's the case then Mr. Raduga can play Russian roulette alone! "

Compared to a paragraph from his last PM...

"Whatever the phase is, who cares?  Do you know what attracts me more to Raduga than anything else?  The fact that he simply does not care what it is.  All he cares about is the results.  What people can get out of them.  How it can help them in waking life.  This is what the fantasy-loving Tombots cannot understand. This is what I care about the most too and I am glad that I am currently working closely with Michael Raduga."

I really don't want to turn this into a slagging off thread but I just had to share that.

Volgerle

Quote from: Bedeekin on November 07, 2012, 06:19:35"Do you know what attracts me more to Raduga than anything else?  The fact that he simply does not care what it is.  All he cares about is the results.  What people can get out of them.  How it can help them in waking life."
This is the only thing I ever could agree to Summerland's (Radruga's?) views. It's good for techniques, no matter what you make of the experience. All other views expressed by him were based on utter reductionism for me. He also seems to have a problem (which he's not aware of, of course) with his Ego. I mean, who else on forums does in a general bottom-signature quote himself ("...." - Summerlander)? I found this highly funny  :lol:.
On this forum, he also quoted YT links to the hyper-materialist-atheists Dawkins and Randi (!) once (and NOT to criticise or expose them!). Another user (in a pm to me, when I was in an argument with him on another forum) called him once a 'fake sceptic' and I should maybe try to not fall into his trap of senseless provocation, which is what he was all about. My resumé: He was a pseudosceptic and all-out close-minded materialist from the start, which (for me) makes him a troll in a forum like this.

Bedeekin

Well... Raduga does care about results and his Ibook is brilliant, it practically has every trick under the sun and great information on 'anchoring' and maintaining lucidity... one of the many things normally overlooked. He's also worked damn hard and you cant knock his ability of self promotion. He has also been successful in gathering together an actual group that meet eye to eye and goes on holidays etc... like a little club. A really nice idea.

I cant help but worry that those who are deeply involved in the group and actually find 'affirmation' and objective evidence pertaining to the reality of NPMR, wouldn't dare suggest it openly.

Xanth

Forgive me if this sounds harsh, but that sounds kind of like a cult.   ROFL

Oh well... to each their own,  I guess.  The old "tad more open" Summerlander was a great guy to talk to, but this new "blind" version.... Not so much.   Lol

Bedeekin

Quote from: Xanth on November 07, 2012, 07:44:37
Forgive me if this sounds harsh, but that sounds kind of like a cult.   ROFL

:-D you noticed my subtext!! lol

Stookie_

Should we really be spending our time publicly criticizing other people and forums? It's just going to create an even bigger rift. Let's just do our thing here. :)