Laxman Light and Sound Machine

Previous topic - Next topic

Malvasia

Quote from: Lionheart on August 11, 2013, 01:56:45
Hello Malvasia and Welcome to the Astral Pulse!  :-)

From what I see, whenever you turn the Laxman off, it resets automatically.

Page 12 of the Manual explains that when you turn the Laxman off, the brightness/white balance returns back to it's normal setting.

I personally like to turn the brightness up one or two notches. It really depends on which Session I am using. Some are much more intense then others.

thanks for the reply! perhaps I was a bit fuzzy.
I mean in the device settings you can click the white balance and adjust the strength/power of each color red, green and blue. setting from 0 - 100% each color. these settings are retained even after turning off the device. so if someone/you could look what your laxman settings stand on for each color i would be extremely grateful.

Doomkain

Hi everyone!

After reading through this thread, I was convinced into buying a laxman. I now have had mine for about a week, and Im really enjoying it, although I havent had as much time to use it as I'd like to. I love how easy and fast one reaches deeper states of consciousness.

I can also add that I lent the device to my father for a quick test, he was intrigued by it, and loved the experience he had. He managed to relax easily and sleep very profoundly that night. Also, he somehow had the impression before sleeping that he was going to die, I told him it was rubbish and he should just get some sleep. This idea was so much into his head, that he was dreaming of his death,(he does not remember this) but I know because he began talking in his sleep, saying "help me! Im dying" over and over again, i was very shocked by this since my father has very light sleep, and merely tapping on his shoulder wakes him up, but he was so deep into his dream that I even lifted him up and he did not wake up, I was a little scared since this was not normal, but after a while he rolled over and continued sleeping.

I am positive there was no harm, and it was just his own impression of the experience that carrried over into his subconciousness, but I was very amazed at how just 1 use of the laxman sent my father so deep, I'm glad I bought this, and will continue experimenting.

Btw, lionheart, is there any chance you could share the session you made for the laxman for others here on the forum?

Thanx

SweP

This is one interesting thread, I haven't read a lot about those machines before but looks like this should help people with their first phase a lot :)
Lets say you want an OOBE how high is the successrate with the laxman's?

Haven't got my first phase yet so I guess this could help me with it.

Are the laxman's worth the money. From this point of view it for sure look like it .

Lionheart

Quote from: SweP on August 11, 2013, 16:19:08
Lets say you want an OOBE how high is the successrate with the laxman's?
Haven't got my first phase yet so I guess this could help me with it.
Are the laxman's worth the money. From this point of view it for sure look like it .
If you have read this entire thread, you already know my views on your questions. So, I shall remain mute on this one and let the some other people that use it, answer those questions for you!  :wink:

Lionheart

Doomkain, make sure you ease yourself into the sessions. I would personally start with the relaxation/sleep/vibrations, then move to the more intense ones from there. Underwater is very good as well.
Just remember though, the Laxman does have warnings that say it's not for everyone. If you see anyone with adverse effects, stop the session immediately.

Some people can have Epileptic seizures or seizures in general without even knowing they have a mild form of Epilepsy.

I have had some time when I had to turn brightness down, because at the time, it was too intense for me and made me uncomfortable.

There is a possibility that the session you gave your Father, induced a LD or AP afterwards. Then when he became Lucid, his real fears let loose, like so many other people that have had their first conscious AP/OBE do. Many people have a fear of Death, so this is very common.

I also sent my session to you via email! Enjoy!  :-)

Lionheart

Quote from: Malvasia on August 11, 2013, 14:16:34
thanks for the reply! perhaps I was a bit fuzzy.
I mean in the device settings you can click the white balance and adjust the strength/power of each color red, green and blue. setting from 0 - 100% each color. these settings are retained even after turning off the device. so if someone/you could look what your laxman settings stand on for each color i would be extremely grateful.
My settings are at red 90.7 green 90.3 and blue 90.3. I am pretty sure that is the "default" too. If any one else can help us here,, it would be appreciated.

To find your setting, go to "Device Setting" and click on "White Balance".

I also just read in the Handbook, that to "reset" the system, you take the batteries out of it for about 15 seconds. This info is found on page 31, under Troubleshooting.
Thank You!  :-)

Sixx

I have been enjoying my laxman,although I did have a major breakdown last week,
I transferred an mp3 file over to the device, checked that it was in there, 2 hours later I went to do a session ,
" no session file found" and mp3, no data at all,I emailed  neurotronics  the following day,
recieved a reply 4 days later  , saying not to reformat which I had to do anyways, and a link to download a zip folder with
all the files I loaded them on and its back working fine now so alls good.
But was thinking for abit that I might have to send it back.

i have been doing the meditation session for the last 2 weeks or so, and I find its quite  a powerful  session for removing chatter and
Physical focus, been seeing alot  of patterns, moving within the patterns,
also practicing visualizing simple objects, but a phase out I'm not sure how close I am to that, not really putting to much expectation there.
good  progress though.

Lionheart

Hey Sixx, I'm glad you were able to fix that problem!  :-)

ALLOW yourself to become immersed in those patterns, moving within patterns. This is a great time to let your mind start to find hidden images. Once you find an image, focus on it. Then use your mind to alter it. You will see that because your physical focus, you have an amazing amount of control now.
Laying back and letting the Laxman relax you is great, but if you wish to use it as a "springboard" of sorts, you need to experiment and explore with it.

Make sure you keep a good Journal of what you are doing as well. You will soon see what works for you and what doesn't.

When I use my L#3 program, I wait till it is done to actually Phase. But while it is still going, I do little tests to see how far "under" I really am. Sometimes that leads to a successful AP right there and then!  :-)

Javier

WB
Malvasia Hello, I just checked the factory settings and mine is: RED Power (95.0%) Green Power (90.0%) Blue Power (100.0%).   :-)

Lionheart

Quote from: Javier on August 12, 2013, 14:11:19
WB
Malvasia Hello, I just checked the factory settings and mine is: RED Power (95.0%) Green Power (90.0%) Blue Power (100.0%).   :-)
Thanks Javier!  :-)

I will set mine back to this as well.

How's your progress going? Anything unique to add, experiments, explorations? I love hearing about what other people are doing with the unit?  :-)

Javier

Hi LionHeart. I've been disappeared long time, and good about Laxman I can say that is a great dispositvo with their pros and cons.
First I have resulatado very effective to reach levels of relaxation that I had not experienced before, to the point of feeling like I'm snoring being aware of the same, (that was the session "CreateTheta"). Since I started using I noticed a change that I can not define, is something of a lightweight, like something had been left behind, it is strange, perhaps due to the release of stress. I also been very useful to prepare before an exam or just to study. Land use sessions "Learning". Currently I'm following day the session "ALPHACLASSIC" as I read it is best to focus only on one during a period of approximately 21 days, which is the time needed to take hold of new neural connections in the brain.
Cons: On the hardware seem right, I noticed only small imperfections in the finishing of the unit, which in no case impair their performance. Now with regard to the hearing, initially used included those who came, but the volume was too high for me so replaced them each Thechnics brand helmets.
I have had problems accessing the internal memory of Laxman in windows 7 and in general, so I decided to buy an adapter for miniSD card, which is using the device and thus allowing me to add new sessions.
Overall I am very satisfied with the purchase of Laxman, as I mentioned earlier noticed changes in me, and mental clarity not previously perceived, a practical example and that surprised me is that when typing on the pc, did fluidly no errors, a situation that caught my attention. This has been my experience with the dispostivo, and I have faith that with time the results and changes will become more noticeable. I would like to share their experiences also notice improvements at the level of memory, concentration? ....

Doomkain

Lionheart
Thanx a lot for sending over the laxman session, Ill check it out and let you know the results.

I managed to have a 20 minute session yesterday with the countryside preset, here is my experience for any who want to know.

At first the brightness was a little too much, but I got used to it after a couple of minutes, then I started drifting off. I began wondering if one should look straight into the goggles center on, or if looking slightly down would be an issue, or maybe I was just overthinking the process. I used the laxman flat on a bed , with a small pillow, and once I was very relaxed my eyesight kind of went downward and I no longer was looking straight up into the goggles, noticing that I can clearly see the edges of the goggles in my field of view.

A few more moments pass, I realize that somehow I no longer perceive the goggle's edges, And the colors seem to go beyond a normal field of view, I feel surrounded by the flickering lights almost reaching behind me. Meanwhile I am hearing birds from the audio track. Now is when I become a little scared...

Ive been a videogamer all my life and besides that I work making games, so I am no stranger to light effects on a screen, but a strange phenomena usually happens when Ive been too long in a game. After playing and laying down to sleep, depending on how long I had played, my mind would go berzerk and I would see a lot of flickering shapes, usually small round objects or large round objects, they would come and go as they pleased and each time they would last only an instant , but in that instant I would be very shocked because of their movement/ presence/ and the lack of control I had over them, no matter what I tried to imagine in order to overlay it above these figures, they always had precedence over my imagination, so as a kid I was always terrified when this occurred, mostly because its erratic and you have no control, through out the years this happened less and less, it happens probably once a year now, and I still have no idea if this phenomenom has a name.

Back to the laxman, deep into yesterdays session, i began seeing a face pop in and out, fly over and below, it was an orange haired man. It wasnt there long enough for me to see any detail, but i attempted to not focus on it and see what else came up. Then after a while I felt another image / presence coming and going, it was some sort of feathered lizard, coming and going. The effects of these images are exactly like the childhood images which I had no control over, it made me very uncomfortable, but I kept with it. After a while these flashing shifting objects just became unbearable, I had to lift my arms and construct with my mind some sort of shield so as to not be so startled by the moving lights, it worked but only because I got out of my relaxing point.

This has only happened with the countryside sessions, the others havent had this effect, but I will continue testing. Does any one relate with some of these symptomps?

Any comments are gladly appreciated.

Lionheart

Hello Doomkain, two things I took out of this. Other than the fact that you are progressing.

The first is yes, you are overthinking. Learn to go with the flow.

The second is that you get scared when you lose control, as most other people do.

To be successful with AP, you must learn to "Trust". Some of the famous Authors on AP, tell their readers that you must have an attitude that if I don't return so be it.

That is showing the ultimate "Trust" and confidence in what you are doing.

On the residual effect of shapes and things after gaming, I used to play the game of Tetris quite a bit and the moment I laid down to go to sleep, I closed my eyes and still saw I was playing it, lol. This actually has a name as well. It's known as the "Tetris Effect".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_effect

Doc Sky

Hi folks,

I´m new to this forum, although I have been reading along for quite some while. :-)
Well, I couldn't resist and ended up purchasing a light & sound machine as well, whereas I purchased a Procyon at first ... and due to the very positive reports and comments on this forum a Laxman some while after that.
Honestly spoken, I have been a bit disappointed about the Laxman so far - especially in comparison to the Procyon, which for me provides much more vivid and intriguing colours and visual effects. Im must admit though, that I prefer to close my eyes when doing a session, as it is just being to exhausting for my eyes to keep them open all the time while they are being stimulated with light flashes - actually my eyes are really starting to hurt when I use the Laxman with eyes open ... and I also doubt that this is a healthy way to use a light & sound machine if one doesn´t want to cause damage to his eyes in the long run.
So the Procyon really gives me much more than the Laxman - and that for even less than half of the price! One big plus of the Laxman definitely is the built-in audio player, but on the other side I don´t mind connecting a small mp3 player to my Procyon in order to enjoy the light & sound experience in conjunction with music or other audio ... and if one can save US$330 for just relinquishing a built-in mp3 player, I think the Procyon is also defininitely being the better deal.
Anyway, I would like to give the Laxman another chance and wonder if Lionhearts L#3 program is really being so good that it makes it worth having purchased the Laxman. So Lionheart, I hope it is not being asked too much when I beg your kindness if you would share that session with me? I would really be interested into trying it out. :-)

Astralzombie

Quote from: Lionheart on August 14, 2013, 17:23:59

To be successful with AP, you must learn to "Trust". Some of the famous Authors on AP, tell their readers that you must have an attitude that if I don't return so be it.

That is showing the ultimate "Trust" and confidence in what you are doing.

Robert Peterson said it best in regards to conquering any fear. He says that you have to consider the worst consequences and decide if you can live (or die) with that. If you can handle that, then continue.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Sixx

Hi Doc Sky
I haven't tried the procyon so i can't say, but  I use the laxman  to get me into that deeply relaxed state much quicker,
also helps me quieten the chatter
and the rest is up to me from there,  i 'm experimenting atm  trying different things, seeing how deep i can go, visual exercises
I can hold music in my mind very easily ,much better than visualizing and having some  interesting results with it.

you can adjust the light so its not to bright untill you get used to it, same with the strobe.
and if you haven't heard from Lionheart yet I think hes away for a couple more weeks. :-)

Mr. Burns

I must admit to reading this from afar for awhile and wanting to comment as thanks for sparking an internal dialogue.  After reading this post, I have decided to purchase a Procyon AVS to help with my nonlocal adventures.  While no stranger to them, I have had a bit of a dry spell after becoming a father.  I'm looking for time management assistants and it sounds like this is just the sort of thing to speed the prerequisite mind awake body asleep state along.  One thing I have thought as I read and researched over the last couple weeks is how difficult it has been for psychonauts to actually transition into the non physical states while wearing these devices.  I read here from all of you that it works best to make a serious attempt after the session is done.  Graham Nichols talks about it with the Lucia, that there is a highly visual/optical interface that works well for remote viewing but maybe not so much for OBE, yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a34nJUlfpzQ

I've been getting excited about the possibilities of the Oculus Rift which looks like it could take stroboscopes in a whole new direction, including a game on Steam about lucid dreaming called Dream.  It looks wonderful and I will be on that like mad, but I think these will all just be training devices for what is a very complex process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln8iOaBdWjk

As a kinesthetically oriented person, all of my nonphysical experiences have had essential tactile or atmospheric components.  Including very vibration centered senses and filaments of tactile communication fibers that stretch and interweave in dynamic ways with the environment and are also co-integrated into the other senses uniquely at different times.  I like it when visual input is added to my mindscapes and this is a secondary interest in buying a AVS device to train with.  It seems to me that a primarily visual oriented device may provide an interesting hypnotic, neuro-linguistic switching, suggestive state for training visual patterns, especially with someone such as myself, but that I would be beholden to the programmer of the track, the held frequency, or the visual sensory stimulus as guide for the duration.  Only after the session is done would I be able to "make it mine."  The benefits come from habituating to precursor skills which are needed before we let go of the physical for real.  Also, I seem to have a neurological response to vibrating photons/electrons radiating out of visual devices like TVs, computers, and smart phones that leave a unnatural like frequency stain that must be cleared before my body can fully fall asleep without tension.  Dreams I have after habituating to these signals have jerky, hesitant, and rushed scenarios.  It is like being gripped by an outside force or manipulated by photons with their own intent.  Maybe it is the content of most visual media or maybe it is rushing electrons vibrating across a magnetic pulsing field.  It will be interesting to see what the AVS device signals are like.

In essence, the problem of artificially generated nonphysical states is like that of trying to have an OBE, remote viewing, or lucid dream while simultaneously verbalizing the event to someone in the real world.  The connection to a physical source of data takes a great deal of focus away from the personalized nonlocal world to the point of becoming almost incompatible.  Right now all these devices are trying to resonantly establish a corresponding simulation in what is, it seems, an internally generated conscious processing that takes place superior (or anterior depending on your point of reference) to the sphere of the physical data input.  The observer consciousness, if you will.  Either this internally generated consciousness is a complex soup of neurology and brain chemistry, holographic quantum reduction, intention phasing, or all of the above and then some.  Incorporating all of these elements is beyond what a device we currently have can do yet the signal generated by the device seems to take president and almost prevent a nonlocal shift from happening.  Maybe because the physical is a default adaptation mechanism because concreteness and corporeality is our habituation.  It seems like it would be hard to design a program tailored in one media to all of the adventurers' proclivities for an on demand virtual session.  You would need a choose your own adventure program times a thousand or infinity.  Although virtual technology is dazzling and I never have enough time to enjoy all of it, there is a interactivity and emotional quality to my OBEs that would be extremely difficult to replicate or simulate I think.  Even the pre courser stages have this quality.  Lucidity is more than just simple cognitive awareness, it is a living thing in its own right and it grows and evolves.  Even simple frequency programs and guided meditations like the Gateway program are better left behind at some point to truly stretch out and fly the cosmos so that their signal does not limit.  Still, I am super curious to find out what they can do, and will have a hard time waiting for my Procyon to find out.

In researching the Lucia, I came upon this helpful article on the pineal gland and what the author calls METAtonin, which is the synergistic complex of secretions centered around endogenous DMT in the brain and body.

http://www.clearlightfoundation.com/research-articles.html

I would like to share something that has worked greatly for me in achieving pre courser states which allow for traditional OBE techniques, such as discussed here, to be utilized easier.  It is somewhat related to the above link on the pineal gland and trying to manipulate brain chemistry, however without a device.  I came upon it after reading Jurgen Ziewe's book Multidimensional Man.  In it he talks about coming upon OBE quite unexpectedly during the course of his personal spiritual training program.  Although he doesn't give his personal set of practices away, he did link to the books which helped him develop it.  I started using the methods at this site that he linked to in the back of the book:  http://www.aypsite.org/index.html  I use the spinal pranayama and AYAM mantra meditation ("I am" - but really any focal point will do, silence is the end focus) detailed there along with Qigong and Zhan Zhuang (standing post meditation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoeoP8qqdC0&feature=player_embedded) that I learned elsewhere in the mornings before work.  As I'm somewhat of an agnostic type, I try to keep it simple and focus just on the core exercises stripped of any religious context.  After about 3 months of daily practice, I started to get a luminous (albeit faint) glow in the pineal/forehead area at times, which then later led into trance phenomena and the beginnings of the vibrational state while sitting upright in half lotus.  Other powerful experiences followed including spacial and time pulsing, emotional regulation, and the best; the infinity and grandeur of pure silence.  The connection with the pineal seems almost like a prerequisite to better non-conditional lucidity.  I think training the spinal area to relax while stimulating the pelvic floor and upper spinal/brain with mild intention plus adding the calm abiding and mental absorption of traditional meditation afterwords provides a powerful jump point for nonlocal awareness.  It is like an organic key to the endogenous DMT experience.  Maybe adding mind/neuron training with AVS can make for a more powerful combination in the direction of OBE.  I can sometimes "see the other side" close by in my morning meditations, but don't go on because I have to leave for work afterwords and don't want to risk flying off in some wonderland and being late.  Usually at night I'm too dog tired to attempt OBE, and even in the middle of the night I fear losing quality sleep and then having to slog through work and being with the family.  Maybe AVS will allow me to decompress quickly without mentally falling asleep early in the night or getting mired in the insomnia syndrome in the middle of the night.  If I find anything useful, I'll come back and share.  Anyways, thanks for having this discussion and good luck to you all.

Doomkain

Hey Doc Sky
Glad to hear you had the chance to purchase both the Laxman and the Procyon. If you are having issues with the brightness on the Laxman with eye open sessions, just turn down the brightness. I also noticed that the lights bothered me more and it was harder to keep my eyes open (mostly depending on the climate region). In the beach it was easier and actually comfortable to keep eyes open all the time with the laxman, but in the mountains it is too dry to keep your eyes open, and it becomes hurtful.
Quick question, I just read on the MindPlace support forums that the Laxman goggles are actually compatible with the Procyon.
Can you confirm this, and if so, let us know if the results are any better!

Doc Sky

Dear Sixx and Doomkain,

thanks for your both replies to my post and for your hints in regard of setting the light intensity and the contrast of the Laxman. Of course I have tried these things and played around with these settings. It sure made the open eye use of the Laxman easier to bear ... but on the other hand it also led to the fact that the light stimulation became more boring and less appealing. In comparison to the eyes closed use of the Procyon with full brightness (which is very well bearable) the visuals of the Laxman are by far not as vivid and sophisticated when the brightness or the contrast is being set to a bearable level for open eye use.

By the way: I cannot confirm that the Laxman goggle is being compatible with the Procyon. The Laxman has a rectangle connector and jack for the goggle, whereas the Procyon has a round connector and jack (like the headset connector/jack on the iPhone). So These things don´t match with each other.

Lionheart

Hello Doc and Welcome to the Astral Pulse!  :-)

I apologize for the late reply. I was out of town for a couple of weeks, as Sixx stated.

I just wanted to say, I have owned my Laxman over a year and half and have NEVER used it with "open eyes". So, I don't really know what you are experiencing Doc. But, I am happy to see your review of both units Doc.

I do adjust the brightness for different programs myself as well. But now I know exactly what I prefer for each one. So, it has become automatic.

On Craig's website he talks about the fact that the Laxman Goggles can be used on the Procyon, but the Procyon Glasses can not be used on the Laxman. Craig does some great unbiased reviews on all of the AVS units currently on the market.

Jdeadevil

Hope it's okay if I chip in, as I'm interested in buying one of these. I don't know how much postage will be all the way to England, but if it's high I might end up saving my money for another fortnight unless I get something cheaper. My first question is, what would you say is closest to the LaxMan that's slightly cheaper? As someone said last year on this thread, the price is scary. Also, I've never been able to phase or go into the trance I want besides waking up in the morning and a rare number of times listening to Isochronic Tones. Will I find this easy to phase with? Because really that's all I'm interested in at the moment, phasing and lucid dreaming. Also, would I have to create a custom session for an LD/OBE or is will the Theta one do?

Doc Sky

Dear Lionheart,

thanks for your reply. :-)
I do know the Blog of Craig T. and did read myself all through it. When you cautiously read his reviews, it becomes obvious that Craig definitely favours the Procyon as the device of his first choice as well. His reviews on both the Laxman as well as on the Procyon are meanwhile a few years old and therefore not up to date any more. As far as I have learned from the MindPlace Website, the Procyon is currently available in the 3rd revision - means there have been two older revisions before. As mentioned on the MindPlace forum, the revisions 1 and 2 of the Procyon did have a rectangular lightframe jack which was identical with the lightframe jack of the Laxman: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/forum/showthread.php?931-Procyon-with-Laxman-goggles
So I assume that Craig T.s comment about the Laxman goggle being compatible with the Procyon is based on the fact that he probably owns a Revision 1 or 2 Procyon console. I on the other hand own a new revision 3 Procyon console, which has a completely different lightframe jack and therefore cannot be interconnected with the Laxman goggles. The only possibility to do so would be to modify the plug of the Laxman goggle - means cut of the rectangle plug and resolder a round plug that fits to the Procyon ... but then of course you can´t connect the Laxman goggle to the Laxman any more. So therefore I do rather not mess around with these things. ;-)

By the way, Lionheart - would you mind sharing your L#3 session for the Laxman with me ... I would at least want to give it a try with your session again, which received so many positive comments on this forum. ;-)

Lionheart

I sent it to you Doc via email on Tuesday September the 3rd. Check your email!  :-)

Jdeadevil

Quote from: Lionheart on September 06, 2013, 14:51:03
I sent it to you Doc via email on Tuesday September the 3rd. Check your email!  :-)

My post was directed at you as-well. :(

Lionheart

Quote from: Jdeadevil on September 04, 2013, 22:01:40
Hope it's okay if I chip in, as I'm interested in buying one of these. I don't know how much postage will be all the way to England, but if it's high I might end up saving my money for another fortnight unless I get something cheaper. My first question is, what would you say is closest to the LaxMan that's slightly cheaper? As someone said last year on this thread, the price is scary. Also, I've never been able to phase or go into the trance I want besides waking up in the morning and a rare number of times listening to Isochronic Tones. Will I find this easy to phase with? Because really that's all I'm interested in at the moment, phasing and lucid dreaming. Also, would I have to create a custom session for an LD/OBE or is will the Theta one do?
There are cheaper units on the market. You will need to do some searching of AVS (Audio-Video Stimulators) units to find one that you like. Craig's website talks about all the different units on the market today.

It works for me. I use it to get into a deep non physical focus.

It comes with sessions already that cover all of the different states, Alpha, Beta, Delta and Theta. But, you can create your own sessions as well.

You can find some free AVS programs online to see if this would work for you, before you buy a unit yourself. There are a few of them here in this thread that we have already talked about.